November Food Drive:
Over the next two club meetings please bring canned food as part of the community service committee’s Thanksgiving food drive benefiting the University District Food Bank. This will be the first way you can earn points for your team as part of the new team challenge! (more info on the challenge below).
- Bring dry/canned food items for the next two club meetings – November 12 & November 19
- Items will be sorted by the color teams and weighed – Thank you Pam Mushen for making the color sorted boxes!
- Points will be accumulated for the color teams as part of the new team challenge
- 1 pound of the food = 1 point for your color team
- Hats are encouraged for maximum fun
Community Service Color Team CHALLENGE
Between now and the end of the Rotary year in June the community service committee is thrilled to introduce this challenge to our color teams. Points can be accrued by participating in various community service activities organized by the committee.
How to earn points for your team:
- One hour of labor at sanctioned community service projects = 60 points for your team
- The community service committee may announce other ways to earn points, similar to the November Food Drive
- Exemplify the Rotary maxim, Service Above Self
- Your team could win Mimosas and Donuts at a club meeting in June
- Unlimited bragging rights
Looking forward to performing great work with you all for the rest of the year. Have fun, get stuff done!
University Sunrise Rotary Club, Community Service Committee